Monday, August 22, 2005

falling is like this

you give me that look that's like laughing
with liquid in your mouth
like you're choosing between choking
and spitting it all out
like you're trying to fight gravity
on a planet that insists
that love is like falling
and falling is like this

feels like reckless driving when we're talking
it's fun while it lasts, and it's faster than walking
but no one's going to sympathize when we crash
they'll say "you hit what you head for, you get what you ask"
and we'll say we didn't know, we didn't even try
one minute there was road beneath us, the next just sky


i'm sorry i can't help you, i cannot keep you safe
i'm sorry i can't help myself, so don't look at me that way
we can't fight gravity on a planet that insists
that love is like falling
and falling is like this.

lyrics by ani difranco

8 Comments:

Blogger vishnoi said...

gr8 lyrics lorena! nice one!

3:13 PM  
Blogger Lorena said...

yeah, i love the lyrics myself (obviously)right :)
thanks for dropping by.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Davide said...

ehm apparently there is a lot of spamming these days...anyway, cool blog. i am so bored i am already going from blog to blog on random. ah yeah, dont forget to buy some chialis whatever it is...

5:58 PM  
Blogger S A J Shirazi said...

What a pic? Penetrating?

8:18 AM  
Blogger Lorena said...

thanks for visiting. yeah, i know, it's crazy all this spam. well i got rid of it at least.

shirazi :: isn't it. good word.

11:50 AM  
Blogger sirbarrett said...

falling is hard. Sometimes I get the impression that the people who've had a crush on Ani really pissed her off. I also sense that they were too demanding of her, and she got more than she bargained for. I also think of that other song she wrote, with the lyrics:
"Fuck you, and your invisible face, and fuck you, for even existing in the first place, and who am I? That I should be vying for your touch and who am I? Somebody just tell me that much"

2:55 PM  
Blogger Lorena said...

sirbarrett, you mean "fuck you and your untouchable face"

love that song! very powerful.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Lorena said...

that's why i love her :)

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home