Friday, July 15, 2005

somebody do something

"today i just want someone to entertain me
i'm tired of being so fierce
i'm tired of being so friendly
you don't have to be a supermodel
to do the animal thing
you don't have to be a supergenius
to open your face up and sing

somebody do something
anything soon
i know i can't be the only
whatever i am in the room
so why am i so lonely?
why am i so tired?
i need backup
i need company
i need to be inspired"

"face up and sing" lyrics by ani di franco

why do i always have to be the one with the energy?
i like people who just call me up or come up to me
and tell me the craziest thing, anything!!
but i'm surrounded by boring people, it's scary!!!! :(

i wish i could jump into this picture and she was pointing at me :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Okay, something crazy and any old thing, so you did ask for this...

One time when I was an undergraduate I took this course that was really really boring. It was a hot afternoon. There was no a.c.

I was letting my eyes just wander around the room, when I noticed a girl opening and closing her mouth on the other side of the classroom.

I kept looking. What on earth was she doing? She was just staring ahead, but opening and closing her mouth all the time.

That's when I realized that the voice I had been hearing in the background but not paying any attention to was hers, and that she was opening and closing her mouth in order to answer the question the professor had asked, which of course I had no idea what it was.

That could be a moral for all the kids out there. Pay attention in class, at least enough to keep from teetering on the brink of insanity due to the stupor of extreme boredom.

Happily this only happened to me the one time...

10:38 AM  
Blogger vishnoi said...

you shall have ur chance... and as in the Pepsi ads in india, we get to hear: 'mera number aayega!!!" (my chance shall come) :))

10:12 PM  
Blogger Baejaar said...

Hey why dont you simply take the initiative, instead of waiting for your friends to do so. Lets set the std and style for the rest to follow.

12:39 AM  
Blogger Jaxe said...

*random energy pulses through veins* I'm feeling so elliptical today! As to your request "i like people who just call me up or come up to me
and tell me the craziest thing, anything!!


I think you can rent midgets...*rubs chin* As a matter of fact, I KNOW you CAN!

There. Are ya entertained. Please, say yes, because it just gets a little weirder as I go on ;-) Hehe, see ya L.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Lorena said...

paul :: thanks for sharing this story. it helped :)

johnny :: she's great!

aashish :: cool :)

baejaar :: i always do, it's exhausting and not fair!!

jaxe :: you are crazy!! LOL. thanks :)

5:38 PM  
Blogger Lorena said...

spontaneous people. someone reading me poetry. music.

thanks for visiting :)

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home