Thursday, August 04, 2005

stoned


when you're stoned baby and i am drunk
and we make love, it seems a little desolate
it's hard sometimes not to look away
and think what's the point
when i'm having to hold this fire down
i think i'll explode,
if i can't feel this freely now

if you won't let me fall for you
then you won't see the best
that i would love to do for you
instead you will be missing me when i go
cos i'm bored of hanging out in your cold

when i feel loved baby, i join the road
and the world moves with me
when i feel lost i just slip away
silently, quietly take my things and go
and think what's the point
think where's the hope we're coming home

if you won't let me fall for you
then you won't see the best
that i would love to do for you
instead you will be missing me when i go
cos i'm bored of hanging out in your cold

if you find one day,
find some freedom and relief
and with this freedom maybe,
maybe you will find some peace
and with this peace baby,
i hope it brings you back to me,
bring you home
take me home

"Stoned" by Dido

6 Comments:

Blogger sirbarrett said...

Too bad Dido wrote this. They are good lyrics, but her music is so bland. I would prefer if you sang it.

1:52 AM  
Blogger Lorena said...

ha ha :) are you sure about this? i have done some karokee and i'm often caught singing out loud but dido would still beat me!

her music's cool. you have to be in the mood for her type songs.

thanks for dropping by here :)

10:44 PM  
Blogger Jaxe said...

Interesting how you marry the pics to the songs ;-) Which came first? As for Dido, I don't know much about her, but I did see her in a video for the first time and she's actually pretty attractive *runs in fear of ridicule*

Take care L, good to see ya!!!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Lorena said...

i do like the photographs to go with the lyrics, that's true. good way to put it, "marry the pics"

:)

9:03 PM  
Blogger peg said...

Hey again Lorena,
Thanks so much for coming by my blog and the kind words about my photo. I love Dido (I do karaoke...but I've not been brave enough to try her songs) and I love Katherine Moennig (and The L Word).
I like this blog too!

10:02 PM  
Blogger Lorena said...

thanks for visiting curator :)

hi peg, thanks for visiting here as well. i don't think i've done dido @ karaoke either.
yes, BIG fan of her and the L word. i'm sure you picked that up from all the photo's of her :)

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home