Wednesday, May 25, 2005

my favorite won!!

I told my friend that I watch The Contender, a boxing TV reality show and she was surprised. She's a big fan of boxing and has been following it as well. She didn't think I liked boxing and she's right I don't. However one quiet Sunday evening I saw it was on while flipping channels and it caught my attention. What I liked about the show is that we were able to experience the heart of boxing. When I think of boxing, I think machismo, big egos, voilence, pointless, men with too much pride, showing off etc. but watching this show helped me understand and not be so quick to stereotype. I was moved by how humble and intelligent the boxers are. Last night 2 boxers fought for 1 million dollars and the one I was impressed with WON!! Every fight, every step of the way he always said "I'm doing this for my mother so that she won't have to work another day of her life." ahhhhhh! I was so happy he won! I know I'm crazy but I was screaming like my dad would be when he watches a fight.

He said the one that wins the title of Contender is the one that wants it the most. And he did and I think he is deserving. He earned it. So to another fellow Mexican-American I say Congratulations Sergio Mora!!!

I'm still not a fan of boxing. Just a fan of discovering other beautiful souls. (i know, cheesy :)
(you'd have to have seen the show to understand)




(btw, it is so annoying when people watch reality shows and don't own up to it or if they do, they say "oh i'm so embarrassed that i watch it...." after revealing detailed observations and opinions. SHUT UP! Makes me want to slap them. You watch it, who cares! If someone wants to judge you based on that, thats there problem - i overhear these conversations at my gym all the time)

4 Comments:

Blogger bablu said...

Hey Lorena !! My first time here.
Nice blog u got here.
Good your boxer won. He deserved it - especially since he wants his mother not to work anymore.

3:27 AM  
Blogger Lorena said...

hi bablu, yeah, it was nice to see him happy after he found out he won.
thanks for leaving a comment!

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ey thanks for commenting on my blog again! im so happy that you like my postings :)

about boxing?....well congrats for him.....he deserves it ey!

10:45 PM  
Blogger bablu said...

Thanx for commenting on my blog. I've added you on my list if u dont mind. Cheers !

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home