Monday, May 23, 2005

buy some underwear

you know those funny moments when you over-hear something on the street that makes you laugh and you might look crazy to others because you're walking alone and laughing, this is one such moment:

i'm waiting for the light to change to cross the street. i hear two guys talking behind me:
        Guy 1: "So where are we going now?"
        Guy 2: "I have to go to " " store."
        Guy 1: "What for?"
        Guy 2: "because I have to buy some underwear."
        Guy 1: "ok, yes lets go buy you some underwear!"

Walking signal turns on. They walk ahead of me.
Guy 1 turns around to me, knowing most likely I overheard and points to his friend in a -that's my friend for you- playful way. Guy 2 looks turns around and realizes that I overhead and laughs. I laugh as well.

        Guy 1: "Remind me to never ask you where we are going!"

what makes it funny was how the guy handled it. i guess you had to be there.

2 Comments:

Blogger stella said...

that is sooo cute, it made me laugh... every now and then, i'll overhear a conversation too that makes me smile to myself.

it's like being a voyeur of words.

-stella

3:57 PM  
Blogger Lorena said...

that's a good way to put it "voyeur of words". days after i was still smiling when i thought of it. the guy reminded me of Chris Rock, the way he carried himself.

thanks for leaving a comment on my blog :)

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home