Tuesday, April 18, 2006

she gives me fever

the small intimate theatre was located in greenwich (east) village.

the play was a 2-character monologue and the first to come out was the actor playing a journalist. after his scene kate came out. she did all of her monologue right across from me. i had great seats!! she played with a hillbilly accent.
[i think we made eye contact a few times ;)]

i am not kidding when i say that i started to get hot shortly after she came out. my hands were burning. i started stripping- took of my jean jacket-it was strange. i wanted to touch something cold because my hands especially were burning!!

she did an amazing job. i got a whole new perspective on the controversy behind the events. i will not go into details about the play because i suck at summarizing and have a bad memory -damn i wish i would have taken notes immediately after the play!!!- but i liked the writing and the actors.

afterwards, i asked my friend if she felt the room temperature had gotten warmer. she said no. i explained my symptoms and she said those sound like when you are getting a fever. hence my conclusion, she gave me fever!!! ;)

i waited amidst 20 or so other fans. i really didn't expect her to exit where we were standing and they had already locked the theatre doors but yes as luck would have it, she exited right in front of us. i was standing next to her, on her left but people to her right got her attention first. shortly after she turned around to me and said "hi, how are you?" i don't know what i responded!!!! i'm sure i said, "fine and you?" i know i didn't say anything in regards to 'you are an amazing actress! i flew all the way from chicago to see your play!!'
oh well. i'm too shy in these situations plus it's surreal seeing someone in person who you have been crushing on for a few years.

meanwhile, i had my friend taking pictures - or so i thought-after getting kate's autograph she told me my camera wouldn't function. i took it and confirmed it - i couldn't believe my Nikon SLR camera wouldn't take a pic - finally i was able to get it to work and these are the pics i managed to take.
kate said she couldn't photograph with people, that she normally does, but she has to be somewhere. she was apologetic. and once she finished she walked down Bleeker street with the actor and some other guy. I was tempted to follow discreetly out of curiosity but
of course i didn't!!


what a lovely way to burn ;)












6 Comments:

Blogger Admin said...

awesome! thanks for sharing.

6:32 PM  
Blogger A.P. said...

Burn baby burn!
Cool shots! :)

11:32 AM  
Blogger Lorena said...

vesper, thanks :)

maddy, i wish!!! but thanks :) it was lovely & yes hurray for fevers!!

yes i love bleeker street. i didn't get to walk it though :( next time for sure!! now i see why you were jealous of my trip to new york. I LOVE NEW YORK TOO!!! i might go back in july!!!

anna, i did & cooled off outside :) thanks!!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Nabeel said...

awwwww .. what a cool pic .. u have such a nice smile .. and I agree with maddy ..

12:53 PM  
Blogger Fragmented said...

I'M SO JEALOUS!!! =( ,uch ,much happier for you though! =) you're soo lucky!

I love Kate moennig! I have this huge, huge, crush on her. I'd be a dream to see her in person... what was she like? :) do tell lorena!

3:23 AM  
Blogger Lulu said...

I invite you to visit my blog. Hope you like it!

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home