Wednesday, March 29, 2006

i have a date with kate

I can't believe that on April 15 8pm I will be 4 rows away from Kate!!! :) I bought the tickets and will be heading to New York. I am so excited. I'm making my list of places to visit [empire state building-who will i run into ;) /go see the statue of liberty/stroll central park/frozen hot chocolate dessert in the restaurant Serendipity.
[ser·en·dip·i·ty: an aptitude for making fortunate discoveries accidentally.] did anyone see that film? it's cute. and whatever other places i can fit in. i will have 3 days, not a lot of time but i know it's a city that i will probably visit again. i'm so excited to get away and discover another place. i usually try to take 1 trip per year and last year i didn't. Canada is my next trip!

brief description of play i got from an article:
In the meantime, the 29-year-old Philadelphia native has relocated to New York City and is preparing to make her Off Broadway debut in Guardians, a two-character monologue play inspired by controversial events of the Iraq War. Opening at The Culture Project on April 11, Guardians finds her in a role loosely based on disgraced U.S. soldier Lynndie England, who made headlines for participating in the Abu Ghraib prison-torture scandal.

definitely looks interesting.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say hi to Kate for me..!!! LOL :)

The play does sound interesting, and likely to fuel debates.

I'm so glad you're able to go, and to visit New York too!

I have seen Serendipity - it's a very nice movie. Predictable, "light" even, but absolutely lovely. The kind of film I'd watch on a winter's night wrapped in a blanket sipping some hot cocoa. Good for the heart.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Lorena said...

maddy, thanks for the idea. i will do that!! i was almost going to get the frommer one but know i will get this one. i will take tons of photographs.

anna, i will if even i can say hi to her ;) it does look interesting...
sounds like a great way to watch the film!

3:47 PM  
Blogger Lorena said...

april 14!!

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home