Wednesday, December 29, 2004

educated guess

yay!!! Congratulations to Ani DiFranco, her latest cd "educated guess" is nominated for two GRAMMY awards in the Best Contemporary Folk Album and Best Recording Package categories. I always knew I was a good judge of talent ;) I love that cd! Here is a poem found in it.

literal

when they said he could walk on water
what it sounds like to me is he could float like a butterfly
and sting like a bee
literal people are scary, man
literal people scare me
out there trying to rid the world of its poetry
while getting it wrong fundamentally
down at the church of "look, it sez right here, see!"

- Ani DiFranco

2 Comments:

Blogger iamnasra said...

I came over your blog to recieve light of some kind and did..Thank you for sharing this musical words with us

3:01 PM  
Blogger Lorena said...

ah that is so sweet and i like how you said that :) glad it's living up to its name!

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home